Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Poetry: Here's to the Past

The past comes rolling in like a morning fog.
My heart begins to sing an old song.
It’s out of tune and out of place.
Why have I looked down these old pages?
My heart thawed and my mind ran.
These hands shake, I’ve realized my mistakes.
I won’t ever be able to go back to the past.
So much pain then and so very little relevance now. So very forgotten.
The time is now. My choices, my future lies in these shaking hands.
A picture of you burned in my mind. Out of sight and out of touch.
I wont let it fall apart again, my life is to important.
My heart will sing a new song and I’ll tune it just for you.
Will we pick up again and will you take my hand in singing this new song
for all those who will hear us.
Together a grand symphony we will create, our hearts one.
A song they sing for each other. A melody we will sleep to when in our eternal resting place.

No comments:

Post a Comment