Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Poetry: Always by your Side

From the moment I saw you I knew it.
I just knew it.
I just knew happy memories were on their way.
I just knew great times were on the rise.
I just knew you would make me happy.
I just knew you would be different.
I just knew you could make me smile
I just knew my life would change.
But I also knew there would be bumps.
I just knew there would be a past.
I just knew there would be others.
I just knew there would be sadness
I just knew there would be heart breakings.
I just knew there would be confusion
I just knew it would be hard to be with you.

This I do know.
That I do.
That there will be no regrets
None good or bad.
Sad or Glad.
Happy or Mad.
Confident or Jealous
Frustrated or Simple
I know.
I know you.
I know your worth the wait.
I know
I know that the end could be good or bad.
This I know.
But what I want.
This I want.
I want your friendship.
I want your love.
I want your freedom of choice.
I want your well being.
I want your Happiness.
But Above all.
Above all I want this.
This I want you to have.
I want you to take my word.
My word that I will never leave.
My word that I will always just be.
My word that I will keep trying to please.
My word that I will always stay by you.
My word that I will beg on my knees.
My word that I will do all this to make you smile.

When you smile I smile.
When you cry I cry.
When your sad I hurt.
When you die, so will I.
Always by your side.

No comments:

Post a Comment